Dr. Geliebter started Comprehensive Endocrinology, PC in 2017. He is board-certified in both Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism.
Dr. Geliebter received his undergraduate degree in History from CUNY-Queens College in 2006 and earned his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2011. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Jacobi Medical Center in 2014, and stayed an additional year as the Ambulatory Chief Resident in Internal Medicine until 2015.
Dr. Geliebter completed his subspecialty training in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2017. During the research year of his Endocrinology fellowship, he participated in a large multi-center clinical trial focusing on long-term treatment in type 2 diabetes.
He is currently on-staff at Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, NJ and Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, NJ.
Dr. Geliebter has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals.
1) Geliebter A, Brutsaert EF, Surks MI. An Unusual Case of Metastatic Functional Thyroid Carcinoma With a Remarkable Treatment Response to Radioactive Iodine. Journal of the Endocrine Society. 2017;1(12):1440-1444. doi:10.1210/js.2017-00296.
2) Geliebter A. (2018) Diabetes. In: Sydney E., Weinstein E., Rucker L. (eds) Handbook of Outpatient Medicine. Springer, Cham
3) Mukherjee G, Geliebter A, Babad J, Santamaria P, Serreze DV, Freeman GJ, Tarbell KV, Sharpe A, DiLorenzo TP. DEC-205-mediated antigen targeting to steady-state dendritic cells induces deletion of diabetogenic CD8+ T cells independently of PD-1 and PD-L1. International immunology. 2013 Sep 10;25(11):651-60.
4) Mukherjee G, Geliebter A, Sharpe A, Freeman G, DiLorenzo T. DEC-205-mediated antigen targeting to steady-state dendritic cells induces deletion of cognate CD8+ T cells independently of the PD-1 pathway (123.19).
5) Babad J, Geliebter A, DiLorenzo TP. T-cell autoantigens in the non-obese diabetic mouse model of autoimmune diabetes. Immunology. 2010;131(4):459-465. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2567.2010.03362.x.